Monday, October 6, 2008

compare and contrast



Today in IAR 101 we were told to compare and contrast a project to ours. I decided to compare Rachel Cash's project to mine because there are a lot of similarities but at the same time there are a lot of differences. The first main thing that is the same when looking at our projects is the fact that they both use 12 skewers and 12 planes and we both poked our skewers through the planes and stood the project up vertically. When looking at our projects you will see that they are different in the fact that Rachel's skewers are all on one side except for one and in my project the skewers are all in different places in the planes. My skewers make like an x shape through my planes. Rachel used the theory of pattern in that she has four different groupings of three planes. I on the other hand used pattern but I used pattern in a different way by using it in the placing of the skewers through my planes. We both used proximity in our projects, take for example the spacing of the planes. The planes are approximately evenly spaced throughout the projects. We both also used alignment in our projects in that our projects are even down the sides not going in a bunch of different directions. So our projects are very similar in a lot of ways but at the same time they are very different and unique.


No comments: