Friday, February 20, 2009

precedent analysis

Building: Disney Concert Hall
Construction: started in 1987 and completed in 2003
Designer: Frank Gehry
Location: Los Angeles, California
I decided to do my precedent analysis on the Disney Concert. I really like this building because of the fluidity of the design and the unusually shapes that are usually not seen in a building. The exterior of this building is made out of stainless steel. The design is very modern looking and is probably one of the most famous of Gehry's work. One really cool aspect of the building is the roof garden. I think that this building would be a great building to do my precedent analysis on because it is really unique and after looking on the internet there is not alot of information on it avaliable so I think it would be cool to find out more about the building and for others to also be anble to know more about it.

No comments: