Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Review of various blogs

After reviewing a number of different blogs there was one specific blog that I came across that really stood out to me. This blog is by Tommy Kane at http://www.tommykane.blogspot.com/ . I am not really sure what initially attracted me to this blog. I think really thought out of all of the blogs that I visited this blog stood out because of the style of art that was displayed here. all of the artwork was colorful and more cartoon like as opposed to being really realistic. I enjoyed this because all of the pictures and drawings have a story behind them or are of something important to the artist or to someone. I really liked how a lot of Tommy's work includes words and sentences which show little glimpses into what the picture portraits beyond what could be drawn out be just looking at the work. Another interesting thing about this sight was the types of materials that were used to create the works on. I saw a number of different drawings that were drawn on cardboard which i thought gave a really interesting look to the piece. So i would encourage anybody that has an interest in art to visit this blog, you are sure to like it.

No comments: