Saturday, August 30, 2008

Picasso upside down drawing exercise

The Picasso upside down drawing exercise was very interesting. When I was in high school we actually did this same project so I had an idea as to what the results would be. However, it is still amazing to me how similar to the original the picture turned out to be, at least in my opinion. The thing that really makes this so cool is the fact that it was done in 30 minutes. To see a picture of Picasso's actuall work visit http://www.abcgallery.com/P/picasso/picasso25.html. The way that we did this drawing was that we viewed Picasso's drawing upside down and we drew it that way. Supposedly by drawing the picture this was it forces you to use the right side of the brain and to look at the shapes and pieces of the picture instead of what the actual image is. Doing this gave me a much better result than if i had tried to do it right side up.

No comments: