Saturday, March 20, 2010

design thinking

what does design thinking mean to you and how are you using it in thsi project and in your future projects? To me design thinking is about the people. The tedtalks video was talking about how design needs to be based around people and around the user of the room or the product. People besides designers need to get involved in the process. Models need to be built in order to have things that can be interacted with before hand to get feed back. I think that this type of design thinking is good because for me it means I don't just say I am going to design a house. i will say ok I am going to design a house but first I am going to go talk to the people that are living in the house and I am going to build models and draw picture so I can get feedback and interact with the other people this type of design thinking pens up a whole new world of possibilities. In this unity village project it means that we will interact with the people living there which we have already done. So this design thinking is different form the past where design was very impersonal

No comments: