Wednesday, February 17, 2010

my sister's house

On Monday as a class we visited the Urban Studio project “My Sister’s House”. It was a really exciting experience. The design of the house was really good I really liked the layout I feel that it does a good job in fostering community. All of the bedrooms are on one main corridor which is good because if anyone needs help or support all of the girls are right there. Also the kitchen is a great gathering spot for all of the girls to come together to cook and to eat and to discuss about raising a kid and the situation that they are in. Another great area of the design was the exterior there is a playground which will be a great place for all of the girls to gather. The only thing that I would have to say that I thought was not good about the house was the lack of living area and seating in the house. There is no living room and no real seating in the bedrooms besides the bed. I don’t know if this is something that will be added later or not. Over all I feel that the house supports community however there is still potential for improvement.

No comments: