Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So You Think You Can Draw (a castle)

This weeks so you think you can draw assignment was to draw a castle in two or three point perspective. My drawing started out as a two point perspective but somewhere in the process I kind of lost the perspective. I decided to try and do something different from the rest of the class and do a sand castle. I was really pleased with how the final drawing turned out. The scan unfortunately changed some of the colors and even after playing in Photoshop I wasn't quite able to get it corrected. This image was done with chart pack markers which if you don't know what they are they are really nice markers but they cost around 5 dollars a marker so if you have about 250 dollars to blow on a basic set you should really try them. After coloring with chartpacks AD I went back over with colored pencils to help add in some texture and shadows.

No comments: